In any case, things really aren't as bad as that makes them sound. We've actually had a lovely time returning to Philadelphia and grow ever more fond of it. We had a truly fantastic break that involved lots of sleeping, family time, reading, cooking, temple-going, game-playing...it was really very lovely. We're happy to have entered our first full year of marital life and have kicked 2009 into gear already by taking a day trip to Princeton/NYC this past Saturday (also our 8-month anniversary, celebrated at Cuba Libre) to spend some time with the fabulous Steve & Mickie and hosting Dan's brother Jonathan + Girlfriend Tabitha the weekend before. Several other good things have happened thus far in January:
- Dan has started a capoeira class, while Preethi will be taking her very first ever dance class (ballet).
- We saw the movie Valkyrie. Really fantastic, and unbelievably historically accurate.
- Dan was called as the new Elders' Quorum President.
- Preethi has been accepted to Georgetown.
- We watched The Brave Little Toaster. "And gwumpy!"
- We made Moroccan food for the first time. It was quite easy and delicious.
- We were reunited with all our wonderful branch friends, and had our favorite Primary-ites literally run to us to give us a hug our first day back.
- We obtained multiple boxes of Girl Scout cookies.