Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lucky

In the last few years, I haven't been able to play my violin quite as much as I would like. I decided a little while ago that I really wanted to practice once a week at the bare minimum. It's not much, but it at least allows me to pick up some old pieces and have music in our home. We decided we'd like to turn Sunday nights into family music nights. Our hope is that one day, all of our children will be able to sing and play together, and beautiful music can fill our home.

Problem is, I often get distracted and forget. Dan, thankfully, has a much better memory than I do. After we'd finished dinner a couple of Sundays ago, Dan requested that I play my violin while he did the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. He says that it was really for him, because he really wanted to hear me play, but I think he was also just being nice and encouraging me to do something I love (while he did the chores, no less). Either way, wow, am I grateful for a husband who is so supportive, and who makes my life so much more full.

3 comments:

Daniel Dickson Harbuck said...

The music really was for me. I loved it! *I* am the lucky one.

Janssen said...

How lovely is that? I played the violin for about five years (long long ago) and I probably couldn't play a single song now.

johnny said...

i love this post. and i love you (PLUS the one on the way).