Friday, October 31, 2008

Addendum

I know I said the Wednesday night's post would be my last about baseball for a while. But I think the following is hysterical (written across the bottom of the screen on NBC):

"Due to Parade of Champions coverage, 'Days of our Lives' will be aired overnight at 3:05AM."

hahahaha. For some reason I find that ridiculously amusing. Overnight??

Also, some quotes from the parade:

Jamie Moyer: "This is better than winning the World Series." (about the parade and being with all the fans, thanking them profusely)

One of the thousands of kids skipping school today: "Philly is way too important!"

Another kid: "Oh my gosh, I can't even explain it, I'm so happy."

And to close it out, a few Phillie Phacts:
  • The Phillies are the oldest continuous, one-name, one-city franchise in all of American professional sports.
  • The Philadelphia Phillies are the first Major League Baseball team to join the Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power Partnership Program which motivates organizations across the world to purchase green power in order to minimize environmental impact. The Phillies announced on April 30, 2008 that their home field, Citizens Bank Park, will be powered with 20 million kilowatt-hours (kWh) of green energy purchased in Green-e Energy Certified Renewable Certificates (RECs).[39][40] The EPA stated that this purchase holds the record in professional sports for the largest purchase of 100% renewable energy.

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Maxine Parrish said...

Hey, we devout fans need to get our fixes too, you know. Just kidding. I never stay up past 3:00AM.