Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday Thoughts

I've written previously about how I dislike Mondays. Notably, one of those things (the first, obvi) hasn't changed, but the rest pretty much have. I like my current job (oh right - my job! forthcoming post on that...several months late) significantly more than the one I had then, working part-time and from-home means that I don't have to drive to work, and Nat doesn't really understand the glory of weekends and sleeping in, anyway, so there's that.

All this is to say that I've arrived. I finally like Mondays. I actually think they're very peaceful and relaxing. I get to catch up on tasks and organize and prepare for the week (how old and uncool and majorly OCD am I?). And though I still have to spend the day eagerly anticipating Dan's return home, I at least get to spend it with this one:

Still, the weekend was pretty fab. There was a 5-mile run (still LOVING my Vibrams). There was a day-long date by way of National Museum Day in which we visited a couple of the few not-free museums/gardens in the city, where Nat befriended most of the staff and other visitors.

I also got to view the broadcast of the annual Relief Society Meeting with some lovely friends. The conference was fantastic, and I especially loved President Uchtdorf's counsel to be happy now! I, of course, loved his Charlie and the Chocolate Factory analogy of not forgetting to enjoy the simple candy bar in the midst of searching for the golden ticket. I just love everything about his talks and wit and demeanor and love. It made me even more excited for General Conference next weekend.

My big disappointment is that we didn't get to visit the National Book Festival, but time just didn't allow, and since we've been down there before, we opted for the museums this year. Oh the difficult decisions we must make.

No comments: