Tuesday, August 16, 2011

It's the little things

I don't think I'm a picky eater. Yes, I'm a vegetarian, but excluding meat, I eat most anything. I've never met a vegetable I didn't like, and I love all kinds of dairy (mmm cheeeeese). I love fruit and bread and even pretty much anything "healthy."

Dan often says that I'm picky, though. I think this is mostly because the one category about which I am (really really) picky is sweets. Before we got married, Dan could not have cared less about the quality of the dessert, just the quantity. He's since, for better or for worse, become quite a bit more discerning (read: snooty) about treats.

This is all a very long story to say that I pretty much avoid any and all gummy candies. Except for and only the red Sour Patch Kids. I don't know what it is about those chewy little high fructose corn syrup-laden candies, but I'm embarrassed to say I love them.

We had a little baggie of candies on our way back from my cousin's wedding this weekend, and it included a few red SPKs. Although Dan insisted the green ones are his favorite, I'm fairly certain he actually likes the red ones best, especially with his newly-discerning taste buds. (Because the green ones? Ew.)

But then, I guess maybe he doesn't remember that the red ones are his favorite, too, because he refused to eat a single one. All the while insisting that he loved the green ones.

That husband of mine, he sure is a good one.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

As long as you still have a basket of those toffee bars the next time I come visit, it's all good.

Visions from the Southern Cross said...

olive juice